Saturday, February 25, 2012

In which I link

Hey friends, read this:  http://notreligious.typepad.com/notreligious/stage-4-faith.html  I don't think I agree with all of it; for example, I don't think you can delineate stages of spirituality that cleanly. It seems to me to be a much more fluid progression, going from one stage to another depending on the day, moment or situation, and possibly residing in more than one of Peck's stages at once. But I think this is a useful way to look at faith both for those for who are blessed with that certainty that Peck characterizes as Stage 2 faith and for those floundering in Stage 3 who may be comforted by the possibility of a Stage 4. I'd be interested in hearing anybody else's thoughts on this.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely wanted to read it, but was too daunted by the length to tackle it at this hour... ;)

    ReplyDelete