I will never understand why the days in which I have the "free" time in which to, y'know, be productive and stuff, tend to be the days where I sit around all day, do absolutely nothing and then feel like a lame bum.
Case in point:
Today was Sunday. I don't have church until 2. My family has church from 11 until 2. I usually wake up around 10:30 0r 11, leaving me 3 to 4 hours to fill. I usually get realllllly bored. Today I decided to counteract said boredom by drawing up a list of objectives, a "to-do list," if you will. Here it is:
1. Read my scriptures.
2. Make a training plan for my half-marathon.
3. Put my missionary letters in the mailbox (they've been written and sitting on my nightstand for a week).
4. Make cookies for my dad for Father's Day.
5. Write my dad an awesome, artistic card.
6. Balance my checkbook.
7. Get in a good hour of piano practicing.
I even woke up at 9:30. That's really early for me! Somehow though, all my awesome, productive plans fell through. And...here are the objectives I actually achieved.
1. Chat with my mom about my adventures last night.
2. Eat some delicious granola.
3. Take a nice long shower.
3. Read my book.
4. Get on facebook, where I am entrapped in a conversation with a good friend.
5. Extricate myself from said conversation with considerable trouble.
6. Read my book some more.
7. Talk to my brother as he stops at home en route to his friend's farewell.
8. Start making the brownies.
9. Say hi to my mom when she comes home to print something off.
10. Read some more.
11. Go blowdry my hair, because if I don't RIGHT NOW it will get stuck parted the wrong way.
12. Remember my brownies, and search for the missing ingredients.
13. Finish getting ready for church.
14. Stick the brownies in the oven.
15. Scribble a card for my dad really fast.
16. Realize, "Oh CRAP, I have to be at church in 5 MINUTES and the brownies still have 8 MINUTES to cook!"
17. Pull the brownies out of the oven, write a quick note warning anyone who may come across them that they may not be fully cooked, and then dash off to church.
Yeah....lately I struggle with the entire "responsibility" area of life. Punctuality...reliability...maturity...adulthood...all struggles.
Also, here's a post from one of my new favorite blogs that I thought nicely summarized my feelings about life in general today. (Oh um...don't click that link if you're as profanity-sensitive as I should be but am not...)